Level: Very easy
Servings: 3 to 4 people
Time: 8 to 10 hours
- 1.2 kg of smoked pork shoulder
- 1 can of lager 355 ml
- 1 bottle of Firebarns Memphis 350 ml
- 375 g of coarsely chopped bacon
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 50 ml of olive oil
- 4 to 5 drops of Firebarns Original sauce
- 500 ml of commercial poutine sauce
- 2 tbsp.Cajun Mardi Gras spices
- 900 g cooked restaurant style fries
- 400 g cheese curds
- Finely chopped parsley to serve
In the oven or slow cooker, cover with aluminum foil and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until ham flakes with a fork.
In a skillet over medium high heat, sauté onion and bacon with olive oil. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until bacon begins to crisp. Add maple syrup, reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
Reheat poutine sauce and add Mardi Gras spices.
In a bowl, combine fries, Memphis beer ham, cheese, poutine sauce, maple bacon and sprinkle with parsley to serve.