Level : Very easy
Serving size : 3 to 4 persons
Time : 30 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts cut in small cubes
- 2 carrots cut in thin slices
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp of finely chopped garlic
- 2 stalks of celery finely diced
- 220 g of sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp ofMontreal steak spices
- 1 tsp. tablespoons Firebarns Scotch Bonnet
- 900 ml chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream 15%
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Chopped parsley to serve
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Olive oil for cooking
In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown the chicken cubes with a drizzle of olive oil and 1 tbsp. ofMontreal steak spices. After 4-5 minutes or until chicken begins to brown, remove chicken and set aside.
In the same pan, add butter, flour and vegetables. Continue cooking over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, chicken cubes, thyme sprig and Firebarns Scotch Bonnet. Simmer for 5 minutes and add milk and cream.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.