SQUASH SOUP, ROASTED GARLIC, CURRY AND FIREBARNS GHOST
- 5 cups of butternut squash cut into cubes
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic
4 to 5 tastes of Firebarns Ghost
900g chicken (or vegetable) stock
2 tsp curry powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Breadstick to serve
Cooking cream for decoration.
- Cut off the end of the garlic head to expose the garlic cloves. Drizzle olive oil over the top, season with salt and pepper and bake at 375F for about 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and squash with a drizzle of olive oil for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the broth. Add the curry, Firebarns Ghost sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer over medium heat for about 45 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Blend in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with a drizzle of cream and a baguette.