Level : Medium
Serving : Appetizer for 4 people
Preparation : 45 minutes
- 2 cooked lobsters
- 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs mixed with 2 tbsp of Mardi Gras spices
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 140 g of arugula
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 1 cup of olive oil
- The juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp. Firebarns Cayenne hot sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 20 thinly sliced cherry tomatoes
- 4 thick slices of cooked bacon
- Chopped chives to serve
- Sriracha mayonnaise to serve
Remove meat from lobster tails and claws, keeping them as intact as possible. Dip the pieces in the flour, in the eggs and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Plunge the fryer at 375°F approximately 30 seconds or until they are crispy (as the lobster is already cooked, the time of frying is very fast).
In a blender, grind arugula and pine nuts. With the blender still running, gradually drizzle in the oil, then add the cayenne hot sauce and lemon juice and set aside.
On a plate or serving dish, combine pesto, cherry tomatoes, bacon and fried lobster pieces. Sprinkle with chives and serve with a drizzle of Sriracha mayonnaise.