Level : Easy
Serving size : About 15 cups
Preparation time : 4.5 hours
- 1.2 kg of lean ground beef
- 2 carrots peeled and finely diced
- 2 celery finely diced
- 2 onions coarsely chopped
- 1 c. chopped garlic
- 2 cans of crushed tomatoes 796 ml
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes 796 ml
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 2 tbsp. Firebarns Caesarspices
- 2 tbsp. Firebarns Montreal steak spices
- 3 tbsp. Firebarns Originalsauce
- Salt to taste
In a large saucepan over medium high heat, cook beef with a drizzle of olive oil and Montreal Steak Spices. Cook in 2 stages to facilitate cooking. Place cooked beef in a large bowl and set aside.
In the same pan, add carrots, celery, onions and garlic. Add Caesar spices, simmer over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes and add the can of tomato paste. Mix well and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
Add crushed and diced tomatoes, beef broth and Firebarns Original. Add salt to taste and simmer over low heat for 4 hours, stirring regularly.