Level : Easy
Serving : 4 people
Preparation : 45 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 onions cut in thin slices
- 1 oz of whisky
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 3 c. tablespoons of BBQ sauce Chicken Ribs
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup of grated Gruyere cheese
- Chopped parsley to serve
- Potatoes and asparagus to accompany (Olive oil + Cajun Mardi Gras spices)
In a bowl, combine flour, chili powder, garlic powder and ground mustard. Coat breasts with flour mixture, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet and brown chicken breasts until well colored on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
In the same skillet over high heat, deglaze with whiskey, then add butter and onions and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Then add the BBQ sauce and beef broth. Let reduce over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add chicken breasts to the pan and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until chicken breasts are cooked through.
Add a slice of provolone cheese and grated Gruyere cheese on top of the chicken breasts and broil for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve with potatoes and asparagus spiced with Mardi Gras spices.