Level : Easy
Serving : 3 to 4 people
Preparation time : 25 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts cut in small cubes
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 6 slices of coarsely chopped bacon
- 3 tbsp of Cajun Mardi Gras spices
- 1 finely chopped grey shallot
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of cream
- 3 cups of cooked and drained rotini pasta
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Firebarns Original Sauce or Bacon to taste
In a large skillet, cook bacon with a drizzle of olive oil until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same skillet, add the chicken cubes and 2 tbsp of Mardi Gras spices. When chicken is cooked through, remove from pan and set aside with chicken.
In the same skillet, add broccoli and grey shallot and simmer over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside with the chicken and bacon. In the same skillet, add chicken broth and cream and simmer over medium/high heat 5-10 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
Add the pasta and chicken, bacon and broccoli mixture to the sauce. Mix well and add cheese. Place in broiler for 2-3 minutes or until well browned and sprinkle with Mardi Gras spices, adding a few dashes of Original or Bacon sauce to taste before serving.