BRAISED BEEF NACHOS PARTY
Level : Medium
Serving : 6 people
Time : 5 hours
- 1 kg of chuck roast
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 cup of Firebarns Steak BBQ sauce
- 1 oz of whisky
- 50 ml of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of flour tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cream 35%
- 2 tablespoons cheese spread
- 1 cup grated Tex-Mex cheese
- 1 tablespoon El Paso Tex-Mex spices
- 6 individual bags Doritos chips (your choice)
- Sour cream, chives and jalapeño peppers to serve
In a large saucepan over high heat, sear the meat on both sides with olive oil and remove. Deglaze pan with whiskey, add beef broth and Firebarns Steak BBQ sauce. Return the meat to the pan, cover and place in a 275°F oven for 4 hours or until the beef flakes easily.
Remove meat and shred further. Meanwhile, return the pot to the heat, bring to a boil and reduce by half. Combine the shredded beef with the sauce and set aside.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and flour. Add cream and bring to a boil, whisking lightly. Over medium heat, add cheese spread, grated cheese and El Paso Tex-Mex spices. Simmer over low heat until sauce is smooth and creamy, whisking slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
Open Doritos bags and fold edges in half. Add cheese sauce, braised beef, sour cream, chives and jalapeños before serving.