Level: Very easy
Servings: 4 people
Time: 25 minutes
- 300 g wild Argentine shrimp
- 375 g smoked sausage (Oktoberfest style)
- 400 g cooked and drained pasta (penne)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Cajun Mardi Gras spices
- 2 to 3 tbsp Firebarns Cayenne hot sauce - 2 tbsp. tablespoons Firebarns Cayenne Hot Sauce
- 1 cup grated Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups grated Italian cheese (for gratinating)
- Chopped parsley for garnish
In a large skillet over high heat, brown the shrimp and smoked sausage with 1 tbsp. of butter for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp. butter and flour. Mix well with a whisk. Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Add milk, chicken broth and cayenne sauce. Mix well and bring to a boil, then add cheese gradually and mix well until a creamy sauce is obtained.
Add cooked pasta, shrimp and sausage. Mix well, add grated cheese on top and broil for 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve directly from the pan and sprinkle with parsley before serving.