CHINESE FONDUE BALLS WITH DEVIL'S SAUCE
Fondue season is also the season for leftover fondues to bring to your weekday lunches.
The classic submarine option is always a winner, but here's a simple little recipe that will give your Chinese fondues a new dimension.
250 g. Chinese fondue meat
150 g. cheese curds
1.1 l. original Chinese fondue broth
2 tbsp. Mardi Gras spices
1/2 cup of broccoli head
1 cup of flour
1 ½ cups of Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Firebarns Ketchup
1/2 cup Chili sauce
2 tbsp. Firebarns Sriracha
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. finely chopped French shallot
Devil's sauce ingredients:
- -In a bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients and keep cold.
- -In a large pot of boiling salted water, plunge the potatoes and cook for about 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked but still firm. Plunge the potatoes into cold water for a few minutes.
- -In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Cook the beef and broccoli in the broth for a few minutes (until the beef is cooked through). Drain and coarsely chop.
- -In a large bowl, grate the potatoes, add the Mardi Gras spices and the chopped beef and broccoli mixture. Place the equivalent of about 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture in the bottom of your hand, add a cheese curd and seal it into a ball. (You can use plastic wrap to make the process easier.
- -In 3 separate logs, add flour, beaten eggs and panko breadcrumbs. Dip each ball in flour, followed by eggs and bread crumbs. Bake in the Air Fryer at 390F for about 15 minutes or until crisp. (You can also do the recipe in oil for about 5 minutes.
- -Serve with Devil's sauce and your favourite fondue sauces.
Inspiration for your everyday life. For small and big events.